It’s important to know what to consider and questions to ask when getting a quote for a split system installation in the Airlie Beach area.
Sometimes quotes are too good to be true and the cheapest ones often result in low quality materials and professional procedures not followed.
This in turn leads to dissatisfaction and costly problems later on, and in the hot Airlie Beach climate, having a faulty Air Conditioner is something you don’t want to experience.
How Split System Installations Are Quoted
Basic Back-to-Back Pricing
Back-to-back means when it’s possible to position the outside unit of the split system directly behind the inside unit (just separated by a wall).
This means less material is needed as both units are close to each other. So for a professional install, you would be paying for:
- Three metres of quality insulated copper pipe
- Quality plastic covering for the insulated copper pipes
- Four rubber legs for the outdoor unit to keep it off the ground and stop vibration on the concrete
- All units moisture vacuumed for best performance
- All units pressure tested for no leaks
- Labour time for a qualified installer with proper tools
- Your house isn’t left in a mess
- When you get a quote from any installer in the Airlie Beach area, ask if their price includes all of these points.
Not Back-to-Back Pricing
This pricing is for when the design of your home or office doesn’t allow for the outdoor unit to be placed directly behind the inside unit.
This could be due to space constraints, noise or purely looks and because of that needs to be placed on the roof or around a corner.
In this scenario, all the points listed above are true plus the following:
- The further away the outside unit is from the inside unit… the more the installation will cost as materials such as pipes and covers are charged by the metre.
- Accessibility also affects the quote. For example, a two-storey house is more expensive as equipment needs to be lifted into place and fitted.
- If you think that your property requires an installation like this, be sure to ask that the quote details all materials and extra costs.
Pressure Testing Split System Air Conditioners
One of the most important points is that there are no leaks and to ensure this the installer should pressure test the refrigerant lines.
Also, all moisture needs to be properly vacuumed out of the pipes as moisture and refrigerant don’t mix well.
All professional installers should do this but you need to ask to make sure it’s included.
Climate Air Solutions install split system Air Conditioners in Airlie Beach and the Mackay region.
We install trusted brands including Panasonic, Daikin, Temperzone and all other major brands.